CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Non-union Production Stage Manager
Candlelight, The Secret Garden
JOB DATES: Rehearsals March 3rd-April 5th, Tech April 9th-18th, Runs April 18th -June 16th.
Hours: Rehearsal and tech hours (Total is approximately 164 hours), Performances (4-4.5 hours) per performance depending on the run of the show, 48 performances. For more details, please click on the link to the general production calendar.
Compensation: Contract pay starts at $6500 DOE
Celebrating 16 Seasons Years of Professional Theater!
The Candlelight is a professional non-union theater located in Johnstown, CO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works under the direction of the Artistic Director and Technical Director, and in collaboration with the Assistant Technical Director
– Creation of forms, lists, run order, etc.
– Assist Director in all rehearsal studio needs
– During rehearsal: perform daily setup and cleaning, track props and scenery, create reports and daily calls
– During technical rehearsals: Run the backstage area, the scene shift rehearsal, as well as provide clear communication between the Creatives, Cast and Run Crew
– During show: manage the backstage: actors, props, set changes with performers. Create production reports.
– Maintain a safe and clean workspace including rehearsal spaces, backstage area
– Maintain smooth, calm operation of productions during tech rehearsals and performances
– SM Team will take the notes for production meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
– 2 years minimum experience as Stage Manager.
– Experience with large casts is a must (20 actors and 8 musicians).
– Ability to remain calm and organized in a fast-paced environment.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Work in a safe, efficient, and organized manner.
– Positive attitude and the ability to work in a collaborative manner and manage a variety of personalities.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department via e-mail: Kate@coloradocandlelight.com
Please include your prospective position in the subject line of your emails
Link to website:
Link to general production calendar: